THE BRIDE AND THE GROOMS

Taylor Green is so nice. Too nice. She keeps getting engaged in conversation.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Akron, Ohio, United States

No, that is not a drawing of me. I am the writer, director and producer of "The Bride and the Grooms," a romantic comedy movie that will be shot in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia in July.

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Fresh Connection

So my Dad and Stepmother went to a movie theater many years ago, and my Dad kept whispering comments to her such as, "I think it's him." My Stepmother finally asked him what he was talking about, and he said, "I'm trying to figure out who the enemy is." She said, "The enemy? What are you talking about?"

He thought they had gone to see "Sleeping With the Enemy."

They actually were watching "While You Were Sleeping."

The first is a thriller, the second a romantic comedy.

With that, I have to tell you about ... The Trailer Mash. Check out http://www.thetrailermash.com/

Mashups either combine two or more movies to make a "new movie," or they portray one movie in a completely different way. Not only are a lot of them funny, it's amazing to see how the editing of trailers can twist a movie into a completely different genre. For those of you who have seen "The Notebook," the latest mashup is pretty remarkable, turning it into a horror film.

I have neither the free time nor the technology to post new mashups, but the way my brain works with connections, I can think of a ton of them. I have a list of dozens filed away somewhere. A sampling of what I can remember:

1. While You Were Sleeping With the Enemy.

2. Sleepless in Seattle Grace = Sleepless in Seattle and Grey's Anatomy. (Seattle Grace is the name of the hospital.) All of the female nurses and doctors would rush to meet Tom Hanks on the Empire State Building. (I know one's a TV show, but it was too good to pass up.)

3. Caddyshark = Caddyshack and Jaws. (Though a golfer's assistant is really spelled "caddie.") Instead of a gopher under the green, it's a Great White. Bill Murray blows him up. The end.

4. The Fresh Connection = Will "The Fresh Prince" Smith movies and The French Connection. Will runs and runs and runs.

5. When Harry and the Hendersons Met Sally.

6. Good Free Willy Hunting.

7. Sling Blade Runner.

8. The Bridges of Madison County on the River Kwai.

For those of you with the time and the technology, let me know when you post those trailers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home